NOTE: This is not valid for the new wiki (mediawiki) only the old one (moinmoin). I don't plan to update the page. --AnMaster 11:03, 8 May 2006 (CEST)
Some notes about fighting spam on this wiki
/!\ Note: I'm not an wiki admin, just a spam-hating coLinux user.
Today I saw several "reverts" of spam. These edit comments made me write this:
- Copy'n Paste revert from spam (no idea about a better way).
- Cut and paste from Google cache after page vandalism
And some pages did just contain things like:
- Registering users might apply some accountability. A history would also be nice.
- This page has been spammed. Admin, please restore the right version.
Here is what to do. Feel free to edit this guide but don't spam it...
The history function is under the link Get Info near the top of the page!
If you are logged in you can revert a page by:
- View a page.
- Clicking on the link Get Info (it is below the "menu bar")
- Click on the link Revert for the revision in the list you want to revert to.
Create an user account
At the upperright corner of the wiki is a Login link.
- Click on it.
- Log in or create a new user account. (You don't need to fill in the e-mail.)
- Put your keyword in the searchbox.
- Click the Search button to use the Use the full-text search on it.
Use Recent changes
Useful in cases when pages has been reverted in the wrong way. The "(diff)" takes you directly to the list of revisions for that page!
MassTranslated on Sun Apr 23 17:36:09 UTC 2006